This building built in 1927 was the first local school. Located in one of the most transited areas in l´Alfàs del Pi, it was used as the first primary school of the town. Opened for the first time by the town´s school teacher Doña Concha who could then go from teaching class at her home in Teniente Seguí street to using this new and larger building. The property offered more than enough space for all the pupils of the town between the ages of 6 and 14. As what was usual for the time, the children were separated in their classes by sexes: the boys studied in the right wing and the girls in the left wing. But everything would change in the early eighties with the opening of the Santísimo Cristo del Buen Acierto public school. This new centre permitted the transfer of pupils from the, then called, nursery to the new education facilities and meant the closure of the Escuelas Viejas old schools. Today, it is a space open to different cultural initiatives such as exhibitions, courses or conferences and, aside from being a Cultural Centre, is also a tourist information point that is part of the Valencian Community´s Tourist Info Network.